RSS

Is Tylenol really safe?

I'm not sure I've never said this before, but I tend to take pills easily. That is, if I hesitated a feeling that something is wrong with me physically, I do not much when it comes to release the pills to my problem. In fact, I've tried my medication for almost any small health problem. Maalox for a bum stomach. Tylenol for a headache - or almost any type of pain, in fact.

Recently, however, I have heard many rumors about Tylenol too dangerous for you. Mass e-mails about the FDA says that acetaminophen (the active ingredient in Tylenol) can cause irreparable damage to the liver floods my (-s) inbox - so, have all my e-mail accounts bombed. Friends and colleagues who know my affinity for this pill, updated, too late or.

Of course I had to do my own research in order to the bottom of this problem once and for all to get. Fortunately for Paula Kue, MD, who wrote an article about this very thing in another. He said the magic words:

      Well, STOP! Please do not worry.

      Paracetamol is really a safe drug for the treatment of fever and reduce pain. If you do not have a known liver diseases such as hepatitis, or are on drugs themselves toxic to the liver or already contain acetaminophen, Tylenol for the current dosing guidelines are very safe.

YAY! That's all I can say. I have hepatitis, and I know I am not a drug that is toxic to take for the liver. So there!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment